Friday, January 17, 2014

A Citrus Wreath for Winter

Pin It
I love lemons.
The way they smell, 
Their bright, cheery color,
The taste of lemon in my water....
 
{That was like some lemon-inspired  poetry there, wasn't it?}
 
Anyway, my love for lemons inspired my winter citrus wreath.
1.  I used a branch wreath, purchased at JoAnn, as the "base" for this wreath.  Using floral wire, I wrapped two boxwood garlands around the wreath.
2.  The wreath looked like this when I finished wrapping it with boxwood garland.
3.  I made a burlap bow and attached it to the wreath with floral wire.
4.  I hot-glued some plastic lemons and pinecones to the wreath to finish her off.
 
I love the way the yellow lemons pop against my blue door!
 
Brrrrr....
Good thing I have a lemony-wreath to keep my spirits up.
 
Have a great weekend!  Stay warm! :)
 


6 comments:

  1. Cute! Where did you find the boxwood garland?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amanda! The garland is from JoAnn. :)

      Delete
  2. I love this! Such a great pop of color for winter!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete