Monday, March 4, 2013

Why Last Friday was the Best. Day. Ever.

Pin It
 
10 Reasons Why I Had the Best Day Last Friday:
 
1.  Miss L. woke up in a great mood and was giving me extra hugs.  She let me change her diaper without throwing a fit.  Who was this baby, and what did she do with the real Miss L?!?
 
2.  My mom came and picked her up for the day, (my mom and dad always take her one day a week...which is awesome).
 
3.  I got to work for several uninterrupted blissful hours on some blog posts for this week.
 
4.  I ran to Ft. Wayne, walked into Hobby Lobby and saw this:
I love it when the ribbon & trims by the roll are on sale!!!!! Whoot! Whoot!

 

5.  I went to the Dollar Store and found a bunch of butterfly "stuff" for Miss L's second birthday party...(it is still over 8 months away, but I like a plan, and I like it early).  The theme is going to be, ahem...."A Butterfly Picnic"  Are you jumping up and down and  with excitement like I am?  I know you are.
 
6.  I went to JoAnn Fabric and found THE PERFECT FABRIC!!!!  I had been looking for the perfect fabric for a wall art project and the last of my throw pillows (you know I'll be posting about both of those), and I found it.  I was so excited I showed the lady in line behind me the perfect fabric, I showed the check out lady my perfect fabric, I think I even called my mom to tell her that I had found the perfect fabric.  I am getting super excited just telling you about the perfect fabric right now....can you feel how fast I'm typing?!
See? I told you it was perfect.
 
7.  As I was walking into Home Goods (that alone can make a day awesome), my mom called and said that they wanted Miss L. to spend the night at their house....ummm, ok, twist my arm.  I quickly made dinner plans for Mr. Hoff and I.  I almost did a little twirl in the parking lot (the kind where you throw your hands up in the air and twirl...)  If there hadn't been a lady walking out of the store, I probably would have.
 
8.  At Home Goods I saw so many awesome things:
For the record, I didn't buy any of this stuff, but if money grew on trees I would've!
 
9.  Mr. Hoff and I enjoyed a lovely dinner out.  I was in bed by 9:30, and slept in on Saturday. 
 
10.  We face timed with Miss L. on Saturday morning (even though we were going to see her an like an hour later), and I swear she said, "I love you," which sounded more like "Iuuuooo".  But still. Love that girl so much!
 
That's it.  That's why Friday (and I guess some of Saturday) was the best. day. ever.
 
I hope you have your best day ever today! :)

16 comments:

  1. I just have to let you know that I know EXACTLY what you mean about that fabric! When I found it in JoAnne Fabrics I knew I had to use it for my curtains in my living/dining area. Can't wait to see what you do with it!

    Also - Isn't that the best feeling when your baby starts saying "Love you"? My little girl used to say it, but it would come out "Waaooo..." I wish I had gotten it on video before she started saying it more accurately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I'm not the only one that is losing sleep over how amazing this fabric is. (Ok, sorry, I might be getting a little out of hand here.) And yes, Iuuuooo may be the sweetest sound I've ever heard. Good idea to get the video camer out. (Am I the only one that still calls it a "video" camera...geeesh.)

      Delete
  2. sounds divine!!!! really, like what is better than when your parents say they want to take your child longer. oh, fine, i'll have a date night and get uninterupputed time to do fabulous things. :)
    drew is at the sitters this morning so i've got a to-do list this morning that i'm just cranking on.... isn't it the best to be productive and be productive FAST? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...it's amazing how many big and even little things you can knock out when your kiddo is out of the house for awhile. I almost forget what being productive is like... :)

      Delete
  3. That was an awesome day! Oh, and that fabric!!! I wish we had a JoAnns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What?! No JoAnn...you need to move. :)

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful day! We moms need to take more days like that for ourselves. I am glad you found THE fabric - I agree it is pretty spiffy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to that! I'm so lucky that my parents give me a day to myself every week. It's awesome! :)

      Delete
  5. ohhh i have home goods envy...there isn't one here in Tulsa. Love that bench!!!
    I nominated you for a Leibster Award, a peer to peer blogging award! Love your blog! More details on my post at http://commona-myhouse.blogspot.com/2013/03/leibster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy! I've already gotten it, but I really appreciate you thinking of me!

      Delete
  6. Home Goods Yesssss!!!! that's all I can say. Glad you had a super dooper Friday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really can make any day a good day! :)

      Delete
  7. Ha ha!! I know that kind of day! I had it once a long time ago! Ha! Days like that can really make you feel rejuvenated!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I particularly like #9! To be able to have a date night, go to bed early, and sleep in...that would be a perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds like a GREAT day! :-)

    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE this pattern! Do you remember the name/brand of it?

    ReplyDelete