Thursday, February 28, 2013

An Easy Spinach & Quinoa Salad

Pin It
If you're new to my blog, then you need to know something about me:
I don't like to cook.
 
Whew!  Ok, I feel better now that you know that.
 
Now, just because I don't like to cook, doesn't mean that I won't do it.  I will make something if it is easy and tasty (and preferably not devoid of any kind of nutritional value).
 
Enter, an easy Spinach & Quinoa Salad:
 
I like this recipe, which I got from my sister-in-law, for many reasons, but highest on my list is that it is easy!
 
 
Here are the ingredients:
- 2 cups quinoa cooked (that would be 1 cup uncooked)
- 4 cups spinach
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/6 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 cup olive oil

 
Instructions:
1)  Cook quinoa according to instructions (*Tip: Cook quinoa in vegetable or chicken broth for extra flavor)
2)  Toss all ingredients in large bowl.
3)  Chill in refrigerator for 2 hours before serving.
 
That's it!  Toldja it was easy! :)

I came across this great tutorial about food photography the other day.  (If you've ever tried to photograph food, then you know that it has a whole new set of challenges compared to other types of photography.)  I read it after I had taken the pics above, but found it super-informative.  I will definitely read and re-read it before my next food photo session.  Hope you find it helpful!
 
Have a good day!

Linking up at:
The 36th Avenue
Tatertots & Jello
Barns&Noodles


6 comments:

  1. Love me some quinoa (actually posting a quinoa recipe tomorrow) and I've been trying to get more feta in my life.
    I will be making this for the hubs and I. Thanks for sharing!

    Sarah
    anythingbetween

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good, I love how easy it is. I will definitely be giving this a try. My hubby and I have been looking for some good quinoa recipes!

    -Sarah

    http://limitedspaceorganizing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't love cooking either, but I DO love eating so I've learned to try a lot of different recipes. With the internet, the possibilities are almost infinite. Last evening I made a Beef Barley Veg. Soup and yeast rolls that don't have to rise. My men (hubby and two grown sons) gobbled it up. Will definitely try the quinoa salad--sounds good!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting the food photography info! I actually just launched my blog (thanks in part to your inspiration!) and I was just thinking I need to read up on food photography because it is going to be mostly about cooking! Perfect timing with the link! Check it out lifeislikehoney.blogspot.com!

    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds delicious! I will give this a try, for sure!

    I found you through Tatertots and Jello. I'm glad that I did. We sound similar (I'm a fairly new mom to an 18 month old, I'm now staying at home, blogging, and starting my own business). Oh, and I also live in (southern) Indiana!

    Your blog looks wonderful...keep up the great work!

    Jess
    www.scratchmommy.com

    ReplyDelete