Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A Gray & Yellow Elephant Baby Shower + Free "Wishes" Printable

Pin It
One cool thing about my group of friends is that we've been buddies since our middle school/high school days. We've got stories on each other that go waaaay back. Which is fun, but scary all at once! :)
 
Another cool thing about my friends is that quite a few of them are crafty, creative, and great party planners, which was obvious at a baby shower I attended recently.
 
The theme was elephants, and the colors were gray/yellow.  Isn't that the perfect color palette for a gender neutral shower?
 
gray and yell baby shower with free printable wishes for baby via housebyhoff.blogspot.com
You just can't go wrong making tissue paper poufs and hanging them over the food table.
 
gray and yell baby shower with free printable wishes for baby via housebyhoff.blogspot.com
Cupcakes!  The cupcake liners were purchased at T.J. Maxx.  You pour the cupcake batter right in them (no more than halfway full!!!)  and bake according to directions.  All of the elephant cut-outs were made using a cricut...I've got to get one of those.
 
gray and yell baby shower with free printable wishes for baby via housebyhoff.blogspot.com
Party Favors!  Annette (party host) found the elephant stamp at Jo Ann.

gray and yell baby shower with free printable wishes for baby via housebyhoff.blogspot.com
An easy decorating idea for showers is to do a clothesline with baby clothes that correspond with the nursery/party colors. Annette also did this for my pink/green birdie shower. 
 
gray and yell baby shower with free printable wishes for baby via housebyhoff.blogspot.com
Dessert Table
 
gray and yell baby shower with free printable wishes for baby via housebyhoff.blogspot.com
This was so sweet!  Each attendee filled this out for the baby.  Party host, Annette, will bind them all together to make a little keepsake book.
 
gray and yell baby shower with free printable wishes for baby via housebyhoff.blogspot.com
Little touches were everywhere!
 
The day was a success, and baby got lots of great gifts!  I'll be featuring the nursery sometime soon!
 
I loved the "Wishes for Baby" keepsake book idea so much, that I've created printable "Wishes for Baby" cards inspired by the cards at the shower.  Feel free to download them:
 
gray and yell baby shower with free printable wishes for baby via housebyhoff.blogspot.com
 
 To download blue, click here.
To download yellow, click here.
To download pink, click here.
 
Have a great day! :)
 
I'm linking up at:

15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I know! I can't take any credit on this one! I'm going to a baby shower next weekend, and the theme/colors are the same....it's what's trendy in baby-land!

      Delete
  2. I love this! These are my colors too, I'm not finding out what I'm having, but I'd probably still do this theme if I knew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really just can't go wrong! Congratulations!!! :)

      Delete
  3. What a cute idea - I love this color combo as well

    Sarah
    anythingbetween

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it, april! adore anything with elephants and the gray / yellow color scheme. you are so creative! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute ideas i am keeping this in mind when i throw a gender neutral shower this spring thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute baby shower! (And a fun blog to click through also :)
    http://thebeansproutnotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love gray and yellow. You have such a pretty blog, too. Glad I found it!

    Bobi
    www.bobijensen.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous shower!! You did a terrific job!! :) Pinned the baby shower printables ~ thanks for sharing!!
    Have a beautiful weekend!

    Brenda
    ChattingOverChocolate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! I'd like someone to throw a party like this for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute and fun! I already chose your chalkboard sayings to feature this week, but this is so awesome too!

    ReplyDelete