Friday, February 22, 2013

A Gray + Yellow DIY Nursery

Pin It
You might remember the post I wrote last week about the adorable baby shower I went to.  The momma-to-be was nice enough to let me snap some pictures of this lucky little baby's nursery before the shower festivities began.
 
I was so impressed with all of the DIY projects in this nursery, and I think you will be too!

I want to start with the dresser.  This was a Craig's List find.  They painted it white, switched out the hardware and replaced the two (apparently broken) bottom drawers with baskets.  I love the look of the baskets, don't you?
 
Don't you love the curtain fabric?  It's from Hobby Lobby.  The rocker was a lucky Craig's List find.  It had hardly been used, and the fabric already matched the nursery!  How cute is the bunting?
 
This mobile was hand-made!  She found the arm at Babies 'R' Us.  They used dowel rods, a small wood block, and sphere end pieces to create the hanger.  All of these materials were found at Hobby Lobby.
 
The elephant pieces were traced and cut from felt.  She added a little bit of stuffing, then stuck a wire in the trunk to keep it upright.  White thread was used to stitch 'em up.  Love this mobile so much!
 

Baby's grandma hand-made this adorable quilt.  How sweet!  The artwork above the crib was made with scrapbook paper!
 
This baby is so lucky to come home to such a cute room!
 


9 comments:

  1. This is amazing! So so cute. So creative with all DIY stuff. At first glance I thought it was all bought!

    Sarah
    anythingbetween

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this colour combo! Your friend is obviously very excited about the arrival of baby. She has put so much hard work into this nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh this is everything i wanted my nursery to be!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving grey and yellow together right now! So clean looking. What a fun nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable nursery! I love the elephant mobile and the quilt!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party
    http://www.usscrafty.blogspot.com/2013/02/submarine-sunday-20.html#more

    ReplyDelete
  6. your mobile is SOOO cute! Love the colors... I came over from TT&J. Would love for you to come over and check out my blog...
    Emily @ www.nap-timecreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That mobile is so darn adorable. I love the gray and yellow combo- our bathroom is that, and I love it!
    I would love to also invite you to join Totally Tuesday and link up your blog for my first ever link party: http://www.madcapfrenzy.blogspot.com/2013/02/totally-tuesday-1-link-party-time.html

    ReplyDelete