Wednesday, December 12, 2012

DIY Gift Card Envelopes

Pin It
 
Have you ever read the Love Languages book?  I have.  I think my primary love language is "acts of service".  In other words, Mr. Hoff if you help me out around the house, I will love you forever. :)
 
My love language is definitely not receiving gifts.  If my husband gave me a piece of jewelery, I'd want to return it to get a new counter top or a nice piece of furniture...
 
This may be the reason why I stink at giving gifts. I don't know what people want, and I would love to give them a gift card so that they can be very happy.  Happier than they would be if I tried to pick out a gift for them.

Sorry, it's just how I feel.  I can't help it.
 
You know what I can do though?  I can make you a super-cute gift card envelope to make your gift card more personal.
  
I downloaded this handy gift card envelope template here.
 
1.  My goal was not to spend any money on this project, so I only used materials I already had including this scrap booking paper.
2.  I traced the template onto the paper.
3.  I used a ruler to mark straight lines where I would need to fold.  Then I used a scoring tool to make the folds nice and neat.
4.  I dabbed hot glue along the folded edges, then closed the envelope up. 
 
The decorating of the envelopes just kind of came to me while I was looking at all of my embellishments.  There's no wrong way to decorate them!
 
 
 Cuties!  I think my favorite is the reindeer.  He looks a little loopy with those googley eyes.  I know just who's gift card to put in there...kidding. :)
 
 
Have a good Tuesday!


9 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this April! Your's look great. I understand what you are saying regarding love languages-and I find I am the same way! I'm giving several gift cards as gifts and this will be a super cute way to package them.
    I found your blog via Someday Crafts and have already seen so many great projects on it! I'm following you now and can't wait to see your future posts! -Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Megan! I'm glad I'm not the only one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute--especially the one with the reindeer ears and google eyes. I'd love to have you stop by my weekly link party and link this up. http://thelifeofjenniferdawn.blogspot.com/2012/12/a-little-bird-told-me-link-party-20.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! I'll do just that! :)

      Delete
  4. These are precious. what a great way to personalize an otherwise somewhat impersonal gift... :)
    Great thinking! Excellent execution!

    hugs x
    Crystelle
    http://thelifeofjenniferdawn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute! We give gift cards too, these will add a nice touch. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gifts I loved your blog post.Really looking forward to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute..!! its helping me a lot for making my own Gift card printing

    ReplyDelete