Friday, October 12, 2012

The Ooooh La La Laundry Room! Part 2

Pin It I'm excited to share the semi-finished laundry room with you today!  I've been doing a happy dance since we finished over the weekend!  If you remember, I had many purposes for this room!  (See before pictures here.)

 
I needed a workspace for me to do my crafts.  Check!  Just imagine all of the crafting supplies I can cram put in those jars!  I am in love with the fabric curtain that conceals Ellie's kennel, Mr. Hoff's suitcase, empty laundry baskets, and baskets with clean laundry. Hey, if you can't contain the clutter, hide it with a cute curtain!
 
 
 
 

I needed a place to house Miss L's diaper bag, a place for Jared's dry cleaning, and a place for detergent.  Check, check, and check!  These three baskets are labeled for just these purposes!

 
  
I needed a place for unread mail, a place for "to keep" coupons and files, and a spot to hang my "stuff".  Check, check, check! 

As an added bonus, I got to dig out some cute accessories that haven't found their spot in the new house and place them on the shelves that Mr. Hoff hung!  He would want me to mention that he was missing part of the Colt's game to hang these.  Sorry ladies, he's all mine.
 
 
My grandmothers' vintage Ball mason jars.
 
 
More cute milk glass and accessories.


Like I said in my earlier post, this is my new favorite spot in the house.   I know it's weird to love your laundry room, but it feels like a direct reflection of my decorating taste, which is something I haven't been able to achieve (yet) with the rest of the house.  Everything from the color of the walls, to the vintage touches, to the labels on the baskets are just perfection to me!

Follow on Bloglovin

8 comments:

  1. Where did you get the hanging baskets for mail & coupons, etc.?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I love the shelves between the cabinets. Usually that's entirely wasted space.

    I found your post from Thrifty Decor Chick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristy! Sorry, I accidentally deleted your comment! Whoops! The shelves are from Menard's. They were super-cheap! :)

      Delete
    2. Haha - no offense taken ;0)
      Thank you, I am so going to get these!

      Delete
  4. Hey April....My laundry room is next on my to do list of projects and you have given me some inspiration to move forward thanks! Yours looks great.

    according2sharon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really super post. Must admit that you are amid the best writer I have read. I appreciate your making the effort to discuss this class of article.
    Blinds

    ReplyDelete