Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Dollar General Pumpkins...Transformed!

Pin It
 
 
I've been inspired lately by all of the metallic fall decor I've seen in the Pottery Barn catalog.  Since I've been adding industrial touches in my home, I thought I'd try my hand at some industrial-inspired fall decorations! I'm pleased with the way my Dollar General pumpkins transformed!

1.  I picked up these fall decorations at the DG for $3 each.  They had a mix of pumpkins, gourds, and pine cones...I think I'll save the pine cones for some holiday decorating!
2.  I used some blue painter's tape to tape off the stems.
3.  Next, I primed my gourds and pumpkins with some white spray paint primer.
4.  To finish them off I chose several finishes.  Shown is the metallic spray paint in "brushed nickel". 

I also used some "dover white" spray paint and hot glued on some snappy thingys I found in the clearance bin at Michael's. A few of the pumpkins got finished in a glittery spray.  I nixed the gourds...they looked weird.


I love how the pumpkins turned out!  They go well with my brushed nickel finishes and industrial accessories.  Now I just need to make some more for the mantel.  And a few more for a kitchen table centerpiece.  And some bigger ones for the front stoop.....Aren't the possibilities endless?!?
 
 
The Humble Brag Link Party

5 comments:

  1. Those are adorable! Love the buttons and the glittery spray paint!

    :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love the buttons on the pumpkin - I haven't seen that before!
    Would love if you came and linked up with us. We’re giving away one free week of ad space for one lucky feature, and our blog gets thousands of hits per day! Hope to see you there!
    http://www.oneprojectcloser.com/the-humble-brag-link-party-4/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for linking up last week at the Humble Brag! Hope to see you back tomorrow to link up more great projects and see if you were featured and/or won the free ad space.
      http://www.oneprojectcloser.com/the-humble-brag-link-party-5/

      Delete
  3. Oooohhhh...I am so doing that! Thanks for letting me know! :)

    ReplyDelete